Nothing is more relaxing than a long luxurious soak in the bath. Whilst floating rose petals can look romantic, the practicalities of soaking with floaty bits can turn a relaxing moment into a frazzled moment.
Avoid those floaty bits with our herbal bath bag.
Herbal bath bag recipe
- Rolled oats
- Bicarbonate of Soda
- Essential oil of your choice (e.g. lavender, geranium, rose, patchouli, frankincense)
- Herb seeds or petals such as lavender, chamomile, English marigold (calendula), rose
- Muslin – approximately 22cm x 22cm
- Twine – approximately 14cm in length
- Lay your square of muslin on a flat surface.
- Add 2 desert spoons of rolled oats to the middle of your muslin.
- Add ¼ teaspoon of Bicarbonate of Soda to the top of your rolled oats.
- Add 3 drops of your essential oil to the Bicarbonate of Soda.
- Add ¾ of a dessertspoon of your chosen herb to the rolled oats and Bicarbonate of Soda.
- Pick up your muslin square by bringing each of the corners of the muslin towards the centre.
- Twist your muslin and tie the top with your twine to keep the ingredients securely in your bath bag.
- To use your bath bag, simply add to a hot bath